Moody



You know those days where you feel like just staying in bed all day?  Yup, today was one of those days.  It's been cold and getting colder all day long until this.............


I love snow but it just made me want to snuggle under blankets and sleep.  😴  I did that for a while and then I couldn't do it any longer.  So I got up and decided to play with some dark and moody photos to match the day.

I have a table which sits next to a south facing window and the light was very very low (obviously).  I felt a candle would be appropriate.  To set this up, I have several black canvases from Michaels which I set one behind for the background and one to the right to block some of the available light.  I pulled the candle right to the edge of the light so that just a portion would be in the shadows.  My camera settings were ISO 800, 1/125 @ f 3.2.  I have a Nikon D90 which does fairly well in low light situations but I don't like to push it past ISO 800 or I end up with just too much noise.



I decided to move in closer.  I actually love extreme close-ups.


I have tried for quite a while now to capture smoke or steam and it's not worked out well.  *grins*  As I was taking out the camera card and blowing out the candle I glanced up and the way the smoke was curling in the light was amazing.  I hurriedly relit the candle and replaced the card in the camera.  I tried several shots and this was the best.  Settings were ISO 800 with 1/80 @ f 3.2.


I was quite pleased with it.

Well that was my day *grins*.  Hope yours was more exciting!


You Might Also Like

0 Comments