Every Storm Runs Out of Rain




I saw you standing in the middle of the thunder and lightning
I know you're feeling like you just can't win, but you're trying
It's hard to keep on keepin' on, when you're being pushed around
Don't even know which way is up, you just keep spinning down, 'round, down

Every storm runs, runs out of rain
Just like every dark night turns into day
Every heartache will fade away
Just like every storm runs, runs out of rain

So hold your head up and tell yourself that there's something more
And walk out that door
Go find a new rose, don't be afraid of the thorns
'Cause we all have thorns
Just put your feet up to the edge, put your face in the wind
And when you fall back down, keep on rememberin'

Every storm runs, runs out of rain
Just like every dark night turns into day
Every heartache will fade away
Just like every storm runs, runs out of rain

You ever feel like you are standing in the middle of a storm and there is no light ahead?  Yeah, I feel like that a lot.  Sometimes I feel the darkness surrounding me.  Those are the days I call “my alone days”.  I feel like I just need to sit quietly and contemplate.   I can’t “people” on those days.  Sometimes I don’t get out of bed.  When I get to that point, I try to concentrate on all the positives in my life.  I have an awesome family who is always there for me.  I have a nice home and food on the table.  And I have my photography.

I pick myself up and take myself in to my “picture room” as my grandson calls it.  In there I’m in a different world.  There are no politicians, there are no mean girls, there is no murder….its just me and my camera and whatever I choose to photograph.  Sometimes in my darkest moods I create my best images.  I’m really liking the ones I came up with today.  I know dark and moody is not everyone’s cup of tea but it works for me.


What do you do on your dark days?  Do you have a routine that keeps you grounded?  I'd love to hear about it.  Please leave a comment with your story.





You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. I blare sad music, happy music, angry music. The moment tells me what i want to listen to. I work out like a maniac, stopping intermittently to punch a pillow or something that wont break my hand (been there, done that, not worth it). Thinking doesn’t set me straight it makes things worse. There is something about negative thoughts consuming you that the only way to get away is to keep busy n not think about anything. Clearing my mind of everything n escaping to my own world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand where you are. My own world is a happy place where there is no pain or guilt or sadness. It's just that sometimes i think i spend too much time there.

      Delete
  2. I walk on sunshine. Shadows listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes shadows are good. Sometimes the only place to be is my own world.

      Delete