THE BEST OF SUMMER




Summer is finally here.  School is out, the days are longer, and there is just a feeling of freedom.  No coats, no snow/ice, just warm sunny days.  Here are some of my favorite things about summer.





Ice Cream  -  sure you can eat ice cream any time of the year, but  how great is having a triple-scoop cone on a hot sunny day?  And who doesn’t remember the sound of the Ice Cream Truck singing through the neighborhood calling all the kids…..yeah summer.





Cruising with the Windows Down  -  aahhh the feeling of driving down the road with the windows down and the wind blowing your hair every which way….and the radio up loud playing your favorite song as you sing along.



Farmer’s Markets  -  nothing betting than getting out to the farmer’s market and getting fresh fruit and veggies.  I wait for summer to get fresh tomatoes.  There is something about getting a fresh tomato and a salt shaker…yum.

Flip Flops  -  If I had my choice I’d run around all year with no shoes.  I love being barefoot.  So flip flops are the next best thing when you just HAVE to wear something on your feet.

Water Balloon/Gun Fights  -  I remember the days as a kid where we major water balloon fights with neighborhood kids.  As an adult I much prefer water guns….you know the huge ones you never have to refill *grins*. 



Cookouts  -  not much better than the smell of meat cookin on the barbeque.  Gathering family to have a meal is one of the best…..and don’t forget the watermelon for dessert 😊





Concerts in the Park  -  here we have music in the park every other Tuesday through the summer.  Local bands share their music with us.  And don’t forget those outdoor concerts.  Our area is noted for Jamboree in the Hills…a large country music concert that goes on for 4 days.  Makes for a LOT of commerce in the area.






County Fairs  -  the livestock, the quilts, the tractor pulls, the music, and you can’t forget the midway with all the games and rides.






Porches  - my favorite thing about summer is sitting in my swing on the front porch and just lazing the day away.  Reading or crocheting and drinking a glass of sweet tea.  Yeah…perfect!

I’d love to know what your favorite parts of summer are.  Please leave me a note in the comments and let me know.





You Might Also Like

0 Comments