Letting Go of the Worry | {Serenity Circle}



se·ren·i·ty

noun
the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled.

This past month has been a little rocky in my world.  My grandson has been diagnosed as bi-polar and high-functioning aspergers.   He’s only 13.  I really worry about him and my daughter (who seems to be the target of  his aggression).  So, to let go of that worry for a bit,  I spent a good deal of time in the “studio”.  The weather seems to be matching my mood….dark, grey and rainy.  It’s ok though because I really like dark and moody images.  Add to that all the insanity going on in the world right now and I'm feeling anxious and worrying about everything.  Serenity is something I crave...


My mom got this rose for Valentine’s Day and when it died my sister wanted to throw it away.  My mom told her to leave it because she was sure I’d make some nice pictures of it *grins*.  My mom gets me LOL.  When I got my hands on the rose, I spent several days imagining and shooting.    I tried some light and airy shots but they just didn’t seem right.  A dead rose is not light and airy *grins*.  I shifted to darker and they just lifted my soul.







Of course these little guys didn't want to be left out.






The Serenity Circle is a collaborative photography project. The photographers who participate wish to bring a sense of peace and calm to their imagery. Please continue the circle to the beautiful work of  Wendy May, NE Scotland Photographer to see what brought her some serenity this month.

I hope your month was filled with serenity.  Thanks for visiting my little corner of the web and I hope to hear from you soon.  Have a good one!







You Might Also Like

11 Comments

  1. I'm so sorry for all that you have going on. As hard as it is, it's a good thing your grandson is diagnosed so that he can get the needed assistance. As a mother, I can imagine the struggle. I'm glad you found some time with the rose your Mom saved for you - I love all the beautiful texture brought out with the light you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. We are taking it one day at a time. I was fascinated with this rose for some reason *grins*

      Delete
  2. What a lot to have going on in the midst of global "madness".

    It's very difficult when our hearts are anxious concerning loved ones. I hope your family receives all the help and support needed early on.

    It's also good that you have a place where you can rest a while from life's cares and worries. Photography is one of my go-to places as well. I shared another on my blog today which I've never done before!

    Don't forget you can chat away too. I'm on fb messenger and never far from my kindle.

    Take care xx








    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Wendy! The world is a scary place right now for everyone. Photography and books are my escapes from reality. Thank you for your friendship!

      Delete
  3. You are welcome Pam.

    I love the images with the cases in particular. You caught the light beautifully.

    I must try some black and white images. You've put me in the mood. ☺ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days that's all i create is black and white *grins*

      Delete
  4. Cases 😆 Vases....can you tell I'm on my kindle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Pam, these are beautiful; I am glad that your mom saved the rose for you. The images speak so much about our dreary times right now.
    I hope your daughter and grandson will find some peace as they are searching for treatments that may help the aggression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ❤ I think just about everyone is looking for a little peace right now.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful share, Pam. I'm sorry for your struggles and your family concerns, but hopefully now your grandson can be cared for <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. Struggles are what make us who we are He is getting help now and that's all that matters ❤

      Delete